2nd Human Rights International Film Festival of Panamá
The second edition of the Human Rights International Film Festival also known as BannabáFest 2 will run from October 19-23, 2018 in the city of Panamá (Central America), with the purpose of divulging and awarding audiovisual works that address and promote matters related to Human Rights. It is an event organized by the Center for Image and Sound Foundation (CIMAS) and it will be held at the Teatro Gladys Vidal in the city of Panamá.
BannabáFest follows the inspiration of Ricardo J. Alfaro, the sixteenth president of Panamá, a jurist writer and diplomat who participated in the writing of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, adopted by the United Nations in 1948.
In its second edition, the Festival invites filmmakers and students of the world to register their own works for competition, released from 2015 to the present, in the categories Fiction Film, Documentary and Student Short Film. Works must address issues such as migration, indigenous peoples, Afro-descendants, education, environment, childhood, old age, quality of life, health, women, memory, water, gender, sexual identity, among others. In addition there will be lectures related to Human Rights.
The winning films will receive the following awards:
- Bannabá Award to Best Documentary, diploma and a cash prize.
- Bannabá Award to Best Fiction, diploma and a cash prize.
- Ricardo J. Alfaro Award to Best Student Short in any category, diploma and cash prize
The registration of the works in competition is available here. Fill out the registration form and send it with an exhibition copy in DVD or Blu-Ray formats, with tested correct reproduction, or in digital format sent through internet download platforms. Shipping costs will be borne by the owners of the work.
Films must be in Spanish or with subtitles in this language.
Registration and reception are open from June 11, 2018 until August 31 at 5:00 p.m.
1. The second Human Rights International Film Festival also known as BannabáFest 2 will be held from October 19 to 23, 2018 in the capital city of Panamá, in Teatro Gladys Vidal.
2. The works will be evaluated by a pre-selection committee. Its decision will be final.
3. The jury will be composed of three specialists of recognized trajectory, both national and foreign, who will reward the winning works.
4. To register works, the interested parties must fill out the registration form and send a copy of their work in Spanish or with Spanish subtitles.
5. The list of selected works will be published on our website on Friday, October 5, 2017.
6. The registration of works to the BannabáFest implies the acceptance of the provisions of this call.
*Any complaint, inconvenience or query do not hesitate to write us to the festival email: email@example.com.